Lindi took these photos of her newly discovered pretty hairstyle, and I immediately said, 'We have to put this on the blog!' So, here's Lindi, explaining how to do this sweet and easy hairstyle yourself.
I have been looking for an alternative to the ponytail for a while. When it comes to managing dirty hair on those mornings I don't want to immediately hop into the shower, I still want to look presentable if someone stops by.
This style is really easy and works best with slightly texturized hair. I used a dry shampoo (we just have the store brand) at the roots after running a brush through my hair. The dry shampoo gave it a bit of a lift, which it severely needed after a night of sleep.
After that, I made a deep side part and separated a small chunk of hair near my forehead on each side. Starting in front of and above my ear, I french braided the hair on one side (where the hair was 'parted to'), following the hairline down toward the back of my neck. I then made another smaller french braid on the other side in the same way. I secured both ends with ponytail holders left them alone while I made the remaining section of hair into three small twists or buns. I didn't want a neat up-do, so I didn't pay a lot of attention to how I twisted the hair. If you want something more neat, I imagine this style would also look great with careful twists or pincurls.
Once I had secured the twists with hairpins, I took the braids and twisted them over and around the buns. I secured them with hairpins also and tucked the ends beneath the buns. Use hairspray to secure the style and voila! You've got a messy, bohemian looking up-do!
clover + lace
- ► 2014 (21)
- ► 2013 (83)
- ► 2012 (123)
- Things I'm loving this week: pumpkin edition
- Pecan, dark chocolate & mint chip tea cookies
- DIY fun: Pretty, pretty hair
- Guest posting!
- Sweet treat cupcakes
- Oh, man. I accidentally got addicted to Pinterest....
- Looking for new, beautiful places
- DIY fun: How to take better self portraits
- Best of: Buttercream frosting
- Have you all seen the fall publication of Styled, ...
- Why, hello there, delicious.
- Unable to commit?
- Thoughts on kidlets.
- Chevre and french bread with candied walnuts, cran...
- Best of: pretty blogs
- You're the bomb!
- Fall is here! Fall is here!
- This week in photos
- DIY fun: lined envelopes
- Quick and easy weeknight meal: breakfast burrito p...
- Best of: the funny stuff, part two
- On the internet today
- Glass lens necklaces
- Best of: house design blogs
- Things I'm loving this week: clutches
- Sometimes I really miss it.
- ▼ September (26)
All work is property of Helen Chase and Lindi Bettencourt-Chase. Powered by Blogger.